Literacy Foundations classes are TUITION-FREE for all students who:
- are 17 years of age or older*
- are resident in B.C.
- are Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Refugees (including GAR), or have a valid WorkStudy Permit (see documentation details below)
International Students may take Literacy Foundations classes for a fee of $800 - Please call 604.936.4261 to register.
All students must complete an English language assessment prior to registering for classes.
Foundation Students: Click here to practice your English skills
LITERACY FOUNDATIONS REGISTRATION & ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
Note: If you have taken a Foundations course with us in the past year you do not require a new assessment and can register for new courses by calling us at 604.936.4261 during regular business hours.
If you are a new student or it has been over a year since you have taken a class with us you will require an English language assessment.
The English language assessment fee* is $35; this can be paid online when you register for your appointment. If you are unable to pay online, you may pay during your assessment appointment. As part of our COVID-19 precautions, we ask that you do not pay in cash, if possible. We accept debit or credit cards.
If you have assessment information from another centre, there is a $15 documentation review fee* to evalulate your documents; please call 604.936.4261 for assistance.
*These fees are non-refundable after the assessment is conducted.
NEW STUDENTS (or students who took a course with us more than a year ago)
Foundations Assessment & Registration is at Montgomery Centre .
Due to COVID-19, we are booking appointments in advance. No Walk-ins.
Appointments are available at 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. on Thursday April 8th and 22nd and on May 6th and 13th. May 13th will be the LAST opportunity this school year for assessment - appointments will not be available again until September 1st.
Please click here for the list of appointment options.
Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your appointment start time. If you are late you may need to reschedule your assessment. As part of our COVID-19 precautions, only those with appointments are permitted to enter the gym. If you require help to register for a class, you may bring one person to assist. No young children are permitted in the gym during the assessment. Meet near the blue tent to enter the gym.
To register for an English language assessment appointment, you MUST have a profile in our system. Please click here to create a profile. Call us at 604.936.4261 if you need help.
You will also need to provide documentation - you may either submit them via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or book an appointment to show your documents. Please call 604.936.4261 to make an appointment if you are unable to provide the documentation online.
- *Photo Identification (BC Driver's License, BCID, BC Services Card, or Canadian Passport)
- *Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Passport, Citizenship Card, Work/Study Permit, Refugee documents, or Indian Status Card)
- Work Permit valid for one year or more; proof of lawful employment (minimum 20 hours) per week shown on 3 current paystubs and passport
- Study Permit valid for a year or more and Letter of Acceptance or transcript showing enrolment in degree or diploma granting program at a public post-secondary institution or enrolment in degree granting program at a private post-secondary institution authorized by the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and statement of tuition paid and program schedule and passport
- *Proof of Current BC Residency/Address (TWO of BC Driver's License, BCID, Income Tax Statement, Tenancy Agreement, Mortgage/Property Purchase Documents, or Utility Bills, etc.)
International Students may take Literacy Foundations courses for a fee - Please call 604.936.4261 to register.