Skip to main content
function googleTranslateElementInit() { new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.HORIZONTAL}, 'google_translate_element'); }
Can parents check student progress?
Students 19 and over are legally adults and are protected by Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation.  As a result, information regarding student progress cannot be released directly to parents.  Students who are under 19 are considered school-aged.  Coquitlam Continuing Education staff is happy to communicate with parents of school-aged students in support of student learning.
Can I smoke at school?
Smoking, vaping and e-cigarettes are not permitted on any school site.
Are fees tax deductible?
Coquitlam Continuing Education is certified as an Educational Instruction by Employment and Social Development Canada and is able to provide 2202a forms to students if the course(s) meet CRA criteria.  CCE is unable to provide tax advice.  Please consult the CRA or a tax professional on how to use the form. Note:  Only tuition-fees may be listed on a 2202a form.  Visit CRA's website for more information: 
Holidays and Class Cancellations
Classes not held due to holidays or emergency cancellations may be made up at the end of the course if scheduling permits. Your instructor will provide details. In case of snow, visit listen to CKNW 980 or CKWX 1130 for possible cancellation.
What does it cost to take a course?
High School Credit courses are free for adults who have not graduated.  Many High School Credit Courses are also free for graduated adults, in order for students to upgrade or take a needed course they didn't take duirng high school.  High School Credit courses with a textbook or other loaned materials have a $100 refundable deposit (see refund policy for details).  Foundations courses are tuition free for most BC residents. 
International rates are available for non-residents - please call 604.936.4261 to register.
Who Can Enroll?
Classes and programs are intended to serve the adult population. Persons 17 years of age and older may register for Continuing Education courses.